Possibly the easiest, freshest and most delicious dish to make. At the peak of tomato season it’s often on our dinner table. All you need are 4 ingredients:
- 4 good size fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 large clove of garlic (Minced)
- Big bunch of fresh basil (1/2 cup or so – chopped)
- Hearty drizzle of good quality olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, add the kosher salt and pepper to taste. I love to serve this with grilled bread. Ciabatta or Tuscan Bread is perfect. Drizzle a little oil on each bread slice, top with a pinch of coarse kosher salt and throw on the grill until it’s crisp and golden. Top with tomato mixture. Don’t we all know how to make this by now? Yum!